Platinum Property Improvements are experienced deck builders and can provide an affordable, high quality decking solution to meet your budget.
Timber Decks are extremely popular on the Gold Coast. Timber decks are a relatively affordable way to extend your living space and add value to your home. Timber has more warmth than tiles and feels nicer “under foot” also.
Our timber decking can provide a number of benefits, including:
- compensate when the land slopes or is uneven, allowing you to create extra living space from land that was previously not usable.
- covering damp or shady areas that do not grow grass very well
- increasing your property value
- creating additional living areas, making your home feel larger
- finishing off the pool or spa area
There are a number of options when it comes to building your deck. At Platinum Property Improvements, we can design and install the following deck styles:
- Treated Pine – This is the most cost effective type of decking board, however will not last as long as the other two options, it requires a high amount of maintenance.
- Hardwood Deck – This is the most popular style and finish for decks. Here we use a ‘Merbau’ Timber board in either 90mm wide or 140mm wide
- Ekodeck – Ekodeck is a new style of decking that looks and feels like natural timber, but never requires oiling or painting and is naturally weather resistant. It is made from over 90 percent reclaimed timber, bamboo and recycled plastic (high density polyethylene) and it’s unique design means it’s less likely to splinter, cup or warp.
We can build freestanding decks or decks that are attached to the house. In many instances we can build over the old pebblecrete or tiled patio flooring surface, saving the expense of demolishing the old concrete slab.
The Platinum Property Improvements team includes a fully qualified deck builder that will ensure your deck is built professionally and will meet industry standards. Australian Standard 1684 applies to the design and construction of Residential Timber Framed Constructions. We have installed timber decking for numerous customers throughout the Gold Coast.
It is important that a professional deck builder is used to ensure that the deck is level and that it will stand up to everything the Gold Coast weather has to throw at it. A building permit is generally required if it is over 1 metre high. We are very experienced in arranging plans to be drawn up and submitted to private certifiers so your renovation project can proceed without issue.
Below are some examples of some timber decking installations we’ve recently completed throughout the Gold Coast and some Ekodeck examples.